Goldfish Swim School West Chester is looking for an experienced and motivated professional to help oversee swim lessons and lead our team of instructors to excellence. The Deck Supervisor manages assigned shifts — including supervision of on-deck employees, maintenance of the pool environment and interaction with students and parents. He or she performs as an expert on all levels of the Goldfish Swim School curriculum and demonstrates thorough knowledge of Goldfish Swim School management policies and practices.
- Provides leadership, discipline, and constructive feedback to instructors and deck teachers to ensure quality delivery of the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
- Conduct daily pre-shifts meetings, and prepares the deck for the shift.
- Conducts periodic evaluations of instructors, and deck teachers.
- Interacts with parents/guardians to discuss student progress. Acts as a Goldfish Swim School “ambassador” to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Completes daily Deck Supervisor logs on assigned shift, and monitors the children’s attendance.
- Coordinates tasks required to ensure the cleanliness of the pool facility.
- Arranges for replacements for absent employees.
- Maintains the appropriate levels of chemicals for the pool environment.
- Act as substitute swim instructor when necessary.
- As a member of the deck supervisor team, suggests areas for improvement and implements corrective action through in-services or other training.
- Participates in training/in-services as required.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Participates in training/in-service as required.
- Must be at least 16 years old
- High school diploma or GED
- College degree preferred
- Two or more years as a swim instructor required
- Experience as a certified lifeguard, youth sports instructor/coach, camp counselor, and/or teacher preferred
- CPR/First Aid/AED and Lifeguard certification required